Welcome to SugarFree-Recipes.com!
Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup Splenda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups whole milk
6 ounces chopped sugar free dark chocolate
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine the cornstarch, Splenda, and salt in the top of a double boiler.
2. Slowly whisk in the whole milk, being sure to scrape the bottom and sides with a spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients.
3. Place mixture over gently simmering water stirring occasionally. Be sure to continue to scrape the bottom and sides and if you need to use a whisk if lumps begin to form.
4. After about 15 to 20 minutes when the pudding mixture begins to thicken add the sugar free chocolate.
5. Continue stirring pudding for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until it is smooth and thickened.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
7. If you are picky about lumps you can strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a serving bowl.
8. If you like pudding skin, put plastic wrap over the top of the serving bowl before refrigerating. But if you don't like pudding skin, put plastic wrap on top of the pudding surface and smooth it out.
9. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.